Thursday 10 June 2010

It's been a while!!

Well, it has been a little while since I have written anything of relevance here, certainly not jewellery related anyway. 
I have mentioned Fathers Day...and there are some lovely silver cufflinks and man pendants now available.
I am in the process of updating the website with more new creations, so bear with me - I am only one person and am doing my best at the moment, which I have been finding increasingly difficult of late.  I remember a book (or it may have been a film) called 'The Loneliness of a long distance runner', well the same could be said of self employment, particularly when working from home.  Sometimes it can be really difficult to stay positive and motivated, when it feels like I am just banging my head against a brick wall.  I don't doubt my product - I know my jewellery is lovely - I get praise and compliments where ever I take it and when ever I display it.  I know my prices are accurate - I regularly check that they are in line with similar products, and I use the same pricing 'equation' on everything I do.  Yet people just aren't buying.....I guess it is the recession....or maybe selling on the market isn't the right 'market place' for it.  But the market is more affordable and regular than craft fairs....so what do I do?
Anyway, the up shot of my little moan is that I am clinging on by the fingernails.....clinging to my dream......and hoping that we don't go under in the process.  So the the last few weeks have been very difficult and have taken their toll on me....but I believe that I am coming out the other side.  Today I actually went into the studio to work on some commissions, first time in a couple of weeks, and it felt good, so if I hold on to this positive feeling, hold on to why I enjoy doing this, hopefully it will see me through until people start buying my jewellery again.
What would help, would be if you like my jewellery, then follow me on the various internet sites and most of all - buy it.  They are all one off pieces never to be seen again.....

Bright, Positive, Divine Blessings to All.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment