Tuesday 4 August 2020

What Strange Times!

I don't think I know anyone who hasn't been affected by the current Pandemic of 2020. We have lost a couple of friends, but thankfully no family, not that that makes any difference. Our close friends are the family we chose, and so any loss during this pandemic is just awful and devastating. 

I have been furloughed from the 'day job' since March, as has hubby as we both work at the same place, and it has been intense. I don't think a day has gone by where we haven't known what we going to do or how to occupy ourselves. No lounging around for us. In fact we have probably busier in our own home than when we were working and coming home to it. 

Aside from the bedrooms, living room and dining room, the rest of the inside of the house and the 3 external doors have all been redecorated, spruced up, tidied up, to the point where I now feel like I'm living in a showhome.  Gardening has been done, and is still in process with loads more to do, due to the reduced garden waste collections, and hubby has taken to building garden furniture from old wooden pallets. So far I have a new garden table, two benches, a bench with back and arm rests and a footstool/low bench/garden coffee table.  He is now in the process of building us two garden Calver chairs.....or thrones as he calls them!

I have got back into the swing of meditation, and other spiritual luxuries that, pre lockdown and covid, I never used to have the time or energy to do.  Now of course I know why I needed to find the time to do it so that I had the energy for everything else.  And of course with all this time off, one cannot miss the opportunity to reflect, evaluate, and review our lives before this pandemic hit, what 'normal' we want to return to, and what we want our new 'normal' to be.  It has certainly been eye-opening, for us at least.

After all of that I have finally got to the point where I am wanting to review the jewellery situation. And there is a lot of stock just sat here. So I have taken new photos of nearly everything, and am in the process of updating the Folksy shop.  Once that is completely done, I shall then go and tidy the studio and start creating again.  So now instead of only 17 pieces in the shop, there are now 40, and a lot more to come.  That said, with all my 'law of attraction' workings over the last few months, I have managed to manifest a new carpet for the landing and stairs, which was a huge surprise 2 days ago.  I only went in the shop to check if the carpet we wanted was still available, knowing that we didn't yet have the money for it.....and there was something better and cheaper in the end of rolls section.  Couldn't argue with that so Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Universe! 😀🙏 Now I just need to lay it!!

At some point I am sure hubby and I will get the call to return to work, but as there appears to not be any rush to resume the physical side of the business yet, I guess we will bide our time here and enjoy it while we can.  We both recognise that this in itself is a luxury, despite the unprecedented, tragic and worrying times we are in, and so it is to be valued and made the most of for as long as we have the opportunity.

I very much doubt that physical craft fayres or similar events will be around anytime in our futures this year, so with that in mind, do take a look at the Folksy shop.  Here's the link below.


If you are local to Bedford and would like to view in person before you buy, or to pay and callect in person, please contact me.

Stay Safe 
Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Jane and nice to see all the positive things that are happening to you and Gareth Love the fact that LOA has also resurfaced. Long may all this positivity continue in uncertain times. Best wishes to you both Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellie. Have you checked out the Folksy Shop yet. What do you think. x

    ReplyDelete