Saturday 8 January 2011

Happy New Year Everyone!

2011 is upon us and I really do hope that it proves to be a very happy and prosperous year for all.

So as the New Year has started and I have said a very relieved farewell to 2010 - yes I was pleased to see the back of it (LOL)......I turn my attention to what I learnt about myself in 2010, what I did right, what I did wrong or could have done differently, and what positive steps I can take forward into 2011.  So as the we entered into January I made a firm commitment to myself to start as I meant to go on, not to let mishaps and other things side track me, not to get dispondent or down hearted.....and basically to stay focused, motivated and to just get on with it regardless.  And so that is what I am doing.  Things still aren't great......but at least my head is now in the right place to deal with it and push through it.

Reading my last entry, I should correct something - the band that Holly joined actually lost the lead singer within a matter of days, so that was very short lived!  She is however now in another band - still early days, but hopefully this will be a better opportunity for her, and at least the previous lead singer is actually giving her vocal coaching, we really can't be faulted and is so generous of her.  So I will let you know when they are doing a gig next.  She does still sing at open mic nights though, and that is always worth going to.

The website has been updated with all the new 2011 Workshop dates, so if you are interested in learning to make Fine Silver Jewellery and working with Precious Metal Clay, then take a look - lots of dates and prices to choose from.

I am currently taking a little time out from jewellery making whilst I evaluate what has and hasn't sold well, and also while I decide what I really want to make - where my heart lies and also what style of jewellery I can do that will actually earn me a living.  Lots to think about and perhaps some changes too.

Apart from my website (http://www.jdlm.co.uk/) you can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter - the buttons to those are on the left - it would be great to have some new followers and fans.

I started doing a newsletter last year, but this dwindled....more down to me than anything else......so I plan to resurrect this very soon - so if anyone has anything they would like me to add to it that relates to my jewellery or workshops, or maybe you would like to advertise something in it, then get in touch with me.

Finally, I would like to say a huge Thank You to friends and family who have supported me during 2010, and also to customers and students who have stuck with me.  It really does mean a lot to know that you are out there rooting for me, and it really has helped me to start 2011 with a new found sence of ambition.

Bright New Year Blessings to All

Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment